Doors Open Ottawa 2017
The City of Ottawa is proud to present Doors Open Ottawa (DOO), a free annual event that celebrates our community’s built heritage. During the first full weekend in June, over 120 of the city’s historically, culturally, and functionally significant buildings will open their doors for the public’s viewing pleasure.
Where: City-wide event, from Carp to Cumberland
When: June 3 and 4, 2017 from 10 am to 4 pm
Building/Site Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers assist building/site staff with the following tasks:
• Greet and welcome visitors;
• Hand out event material;
• Track the number of visitors arriving on site;
• Act as a building guide and provide building information;
• Ensure line-ups and large groups remain organized;
• Invite visitors to complete a Doors Open Ottawa Visitor Survey.
Morning and afternoon shifts are available during Doors Open Ottawa. The schedule is designed to give volunteers an opportunity to visit other buildings before/after the shift is complete. However, if desired, volunteers are welcome to volunteer for all four shifts. Shift times are as follows:
a. Morning shift: 9:45 am to 12:45 pm
b. Afternoon shift: 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
• Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old to participate.
• Volunteers 14 to 17 years old require parents’ signatures on a parental consent form.
• Volunteers must complete an online application.
• Volunteers must complete provincially mandated online accessibility training (AODA) in order to volunteer with the City of Ottawa. Email confirmation of training completed required.
• Volunteers must wear the DOO 2017 t-shirt during their volunteer shifts
If you would like to get involved, DOO 2017 will be hosting information sessions for new volunteers on:
• 15 May from 6 to 8 p.m. in Room 1A at Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive, and
• 18 May from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Councillors’ Lounge at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West.
For more information please contact Daniele Hamonic at 613-580-2424, ext. 19042, or firstname.lastname@example.org.