Ottawa Valley Associated Railroaders
All scheduled dates:
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 17:30 (ended)
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 17:30
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 17:30
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 17:30
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 17:30
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018 - 17:30
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 17:30
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 17:30
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 17:30
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018 - 17:30
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 17:30
Find out more:
~The Ottawa Valley Associated Railroaders - OVAR - is a club, established in 1961, made up of people who are interested in model and prototype railroading. Unlike many other railroad oriented clubs, OVAR does not have a club layout. This has allowed us to keep the club an informal association, free of internal politics, major capital investment and the complications inherent in hard rules or membership obligations. OVAR makes up for this by giving you the opportunity to meet people who have, or are building, layouts, on which you can operate, work, contribute your skills or develop your knowledge.
OVAR meets the second Tuesday of each month, September to June, to pursue our interest in trains. Each meeting, organized around a dinner, presents an opportunity to:
- meet others with similar interests;
- be entertained with a Program presented by local, national and internationally known speakers;
- see what other members have done at the Display;
- have some fun!
Meetings are held at St. Anthony Soccer Club Hall, 523 St. Anthony Street, just off Preston Street at the Queensway in Ottawa. The meetings start with a social hour at 5:30 pm, dinner starting around 6:30 pm. A brief business meeting follows the dinner before the evening’s program. Guests are most welcome but reservations are required. We need to know you are coming and to ensure the caterers have enough food for all. Tickets are $25.00 and are available at the door. The ticket cost covers the dinner, program, as well as taxes and gratuities.
Free parking is available. OC Transpo operates several routes within a short walking distance of the hall.